RCIA - Rite of Christian Iniation of Adults
RCIA, the Right of Christian Initiation of Adults, is a program designed for adults who wish to be baptized into the Catholic Church. It is also available to those who were baptized but never raised Catholic or confirmed into the faith.
The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) names the process by which interested persons gradually become members of the Catholic Church. The R.C.I.A. is primarily a journey of faith:
"From the awareness of stirring of faith and curiosity within one's heart,
• through all those stages of asking and seeking,
• through beginning involvement with Christian/Catholic people,
• through hearing the Gospel proclaimed and by faithful reflection and prayer on this Word of God,
• through study and discussion about the Catholic experience,
• through doubts and hesitations,
• through involvement in the works of charity and justice with those already committed to the catholic way of life,
• through discernment of God's call for them as individuals,
• through the steps of commitment,
• through the sacraments of initiation (baptism, confirmation, and eucharist)
• to a life of faith, love, and justice lived in communion with Catholics throughout the world.
Faith Formation Contact
Director of Faith Formation